What is the Flavor of a Biscoff Cookie?
Is Biscoff the same as Speculoos?
Yes and no, but yes! Speculoos is the cookie butter made from Biscoff cookies. So Biscoff cookies are the cookies, and when made into a sweet spread or cookie butter, it then becomes Speculoos.
How long do Biscoff Cookies Last?
Store the cookies in an air-tight container at cool room temperature for up to 10 days. Also, you can freeze the unbaked, raw dough in the freezer for up to 8 weeks.
Try These Cookies, Too!
I wrote a cookbook! The Bigger Bolder Baking Cookbook is available for pre-order!
And don’t forget to follow Bigger Bolder Baking on Pinterest!
Homemade Biscoff Cookies Recipe
My Homemade Biscoff Cookies recipe is crunchy, buttery, aromatic, and just the right amount of sweet!
- 2 cups (10oz/282g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8oz/225g) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (4oz/115g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (1 1/2oz/42g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) then grease and line 2 cookie sheets, set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer on low speed. Add in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually blend the flour mixture into the butter mixture until it is well combined. The dough may feel dry and crumbly.
Bring the dough into a ball, cover, and chill for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Once chilled, roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness.
Cut out your cookies using the cookie cutter and carefully transfer to your prepared baking sheet 1 at a time using, and offset spatula (this ensures the cookies keep their shape)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and brown. Remove from the oven and all to fully cool on a cooling rack.
These will keep covered in an airtight container and stored at cool room temperature for up to 10 days.