Knowing how to toast nuts is a useful skill to have in the kitchen! Learn how to toast nuts in the oven, on the stove, or in the microwave.
Nuts on their own are a delicious and satisfying snack. But when it comes to baked goods and recipes, toasting the nuts will add depth to both the texture and flavor and allow the nuts to compete with stronger flavors instead of fading into the background.
Think about hummingbird cupcakes – without toasting the pecans, the banana and pineapple overtake the flavor, and all you get is the “crunch” when you find nuts.
If you toast the nuts first, though, you get an extra level of flavor in addition to the texture of the pecans.
If you’ve never toasted nuts before, you might be feeling a little intimidated. But there really is no need!
You can toast nuts in a myriad of ways – in the oven, on the stovetop, or even in the microwave – yes really, the microwave!
- Hello! I am not from a Mediterranean climate so I can’t say for … by Jamie
- Oh my gosh- it just keeps getting worse , and worse. I meant to … by Tracy Williams
- Yikes- sorry for all of the typos . That’s what happens when … by Tracy Williams
- My guess would be that it really was just a few nuts, that the … by Tracy Williams
- Hi, I would like to know, how best to store toasted nuts in a … by Mairi-a
- Plus 5 more…