These Southern Pecan Pie muffins have only five ingredients and taste just like a pecan pie in muffin form! A dense and sweet treat that everyone absolutely loves!
SOUTHERN PECAN PIE MUFFINS
What happens you can take the flavors of a pecan pie and put them into a muffin? Magic. Magic happens. I love pecans in general but you go and put them into something sweet and I am in heaven. And these Southern Pecan Pie Muffins are deceptively easy but outta this world good. You are gonna look and see 5 ingredients and think, they can’t be that good. But I’m gonna tell ya, you would be wrong to assume that about this muffin.
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
CAN I USE OTHER TYPES OF NUTS?
Of course! This will work with pretty much any kind of nut – walnut or macadamia nuts are good substitutions. They truly taste like a pecan pie that has been made into a muffin. Now, these are more like dessert muffins and not so much like breakfast muffins. They don’t rise up high. They are slightly dense and taste wonderful warm or at room temperature. Make them. Eat them. You won’t regret you did!
HOW TO MAKE SOUTHERN PECAN PIE MUFFINS:
Originally published: September 2013
Updated & republished: July 2019
SOUTHERN PECAN PIE MUFFINS
These Southern Pecan Pie muffins have only five ingredients and taste just like a pecan pie in muffin form! A sweet treat that everyone loves!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 large eggs
- 11 tbsp real butter (about 1 1/3 sticks) (melted)
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- Place 9 cupcake paper liners into regular muffin pan and spray each of the liners with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and pecans until mixed well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until foamy and then add melted butter.
- Stir well.
- Combine the egg mixture with the flour mixture.
- Stir until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups. You will need to fill them to almost full.
- There is no leavening agent (like baking powder or baking soda) in these to make them rise.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes (it took closer to the 25 minute mark in my oven.) Optional: Around the 15 minute mark, pull them out and sprinkle with chopped pecans or place one pecan half on each one, then play them back into the oven to finish baking.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
You can also make these into mini-muffins. Just decrease the cooking time by about 5 minutes or so.
CRAVING MORE? GIVE THESE RECIPES A TRY!
THE BEST SOUTHERN PECAN PIE
PECAN PRALINE FRENCH TOAST
PECAN PRALINE CAKE WITH BUTTER SAUCE
EASY SOUTHERN PECAN PIE BARS
CROCK POT PECAN PIE (YES! IN THE CROCK POT!)
HOMEMADE PECAN POUND CAKE
SWEET SOUTHERN PECAN CAKE
BUTTER PECAN CHEESECAKE